TestDrive Terms and Conditions
Entering the Competition
- The Turbine Test Drive Programme (The “Programme”) is open to individuals and teams with business ideas or newly set up companies.
- The Turbine Test Drive Programme is Turbine’s pre-incubation offer and it is run in collaboration with ENL and the MRIC (The “collaborators”)
- Turbine is accredited by the MRIC and is a non-for-profit organization.
- Turbine’s vision is for Mauritius to become a vibrant and internationally recognised innovation and start-up hub. Turbine’s Mission is to create an environment for individuals, teams and corporates conducive to innovating and creating new ventures.
Entrants into the Test Drive shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Only one entry per participant. Entries on behalf of another participant will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Turbine accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The Application starts at 12.01pm on 03/04/2021 and closes at 23:59 on 30/04/2021 (GMT+4). Entries received outside this time period will not be considered. Turbine reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend the closing date where the entries received are of insufficient quality.
- You own the copyright to your application entry as its author.
- You confirm that your application entry does not contain any unregistered or undisclosed intellectual property (IP).
- By submitting an entry to the Test Drive Programme, you give Turbine the permission to use your project/ company’s name if you are selected or as a finalist of the Programme, on any social media accounts controlled by Turbine and its collaborators and in any press releases related to the Programme.
- We may disqualify your Programme entry for the following reasons: your entry does not comply with the minimum Programme requirements, or you cannot be contacted.
- Applicants to the Programme must not have previously been pre-incubated or incubated by any other accredited incubators in Mauritius.
- Applicants to the programme must be willing to participate in Turbine’s Incubation Programme should it be proposed to them upon completion of the Test Drive Programme.
Selecting the participants:
- Turbine will select 15 applicants to participate to the Test Drive Programme based on the following criteria:
- The project innovation factors
- The project expansion capacity (local or international)
- The team members expertise and experience
- The General Requirements for Incubation
The Test Drive winning prizes:
- Turbine reserves the right to award the prize to none or one or more than one of the finalists depending on the participant’s performance during the Programme.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Turbine reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of similar value if the original prize offered is not available.
- The winners may be required to take part in the promotional activity related to the Programme and the winners shall participate in such activity on the Partners’ reasonable request.
- Turbine accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Programme or accepting the prize. Turbine disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the Partners of Turbine under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
- Turbine reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Programme with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Turbine in all matters relating to the Test Drive Programme is final and no correspondence will be entered.
- Turbine and its Partners shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Programme where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, pandemic, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Programme and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Mauritian law and entrants to the Programme submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Mauritian courts.