What are the challenges of Moka in terms of Mobility ?
Moka Smart City is looking for solutions that will effectively solve the mobility challenge within and between the different areas of the new growing city, but that will also reduce congestion and connect residents and commuters to nearby public transport hubs.
- connect effectively the new areas of the growing city with the existing parts (and existing transport nodes)
- develop the mobility options in the city for public transport users and drivers, with a positive impact on traffic congestion.
- reinforce the innovative and citizen-oriented approach of the city
Share your solution and the ways it will lead us to a more sustainable future
Some Ideas of Sustainable Mobility Solutions…
- Autonomous vehicles
- Personal mobility
- Shared mobility (including ridesharing solutions)
- Smart parking solutions
- On-demand solutions
- Transport integration platforms
- Asset sharing or vehicle rental
- Environmentally sustainable mobility equipment
- Multimodal transport solutions
IS MY PROJECT ELIGIBLE?
Your start-up is for profit, registered and up to date with all your local compliance and governance requirements.
You have a mobility related product or service available in the market (your home market or another one in Africa) right now, with demonstrated tangible traction and evidence of clients and revenue.
You have a strong management team, consisting of at least 3 people and you have the resources to deploy a team in Mauritius to implement the project.
You or one of your senior team members is able to travel to Mauritius in July 2019 (exact dates to be confirmed) to meet with the selection committee and partners, if you are shortlisted.
Your team is based in either France, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, Ivory Coast or Sweden.
You have potential to achieve scale into multiple markets.
You are willing to establish a Mauritius entity or subsidiary and actively engage with the local start-up community.
While there will be exceptions, mostly likely your startup has already received investment capital, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
Taking part in Moka Smart City challenge offers you a range of opportunities, take your
chance and share your ready made smart solution.
- 12 months exclusivity contract with Moka Smart City.
- USD 40 000 by Compass Venture Capital.
- Mentoring and guidance by PwC Partners.
- Co-working space and support from Turbine Incubator
- USD 30,000 financial support over a period of 12 months by Moka Smart City.
- Regulation advice from ENS Africa team
- Introductions to ventures and investors in Mauritius
- Return Flight Tickets to Mauritius and Accommodation.